I have multiple custom fields on my issue type. They're all PERSON fields, on which we assign Jira users.
I want to create an automation to assign to PUBLISHER when issues transition between two states. None of the available options seem to allow this.Does anyone have a way?
Reference: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/automation-actions/
Hi Guilherme,
Have you tried to create an Automation rule yet? If not, here is some additional information to get you started:
There are two types of automation:
Automation Basics: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/guides/expand-jira/automation
You can do this via global rules to apply to all projects also. You'll need to be a Jira Admin/Site Admin, go to Jira Settings > System > Automation Rules (left-hand menu).
For more on using Automation For Jira see these help pages.
If you have already created a rule, but it is not working as you desire, can you share that rule here and what error you are getting?
Hi, John. Thanks for your reply.
Yes I created an automation rule in my project. The rule must ASSIGN THE ISSUE to a user defined in a custom person field. So I have the following action:
ASSIGN ISSUEAssign issue to: SMART VALUEUser key: {{issue.Publisher}}
And the result in the audit log is:
Action details:Assign issueError on assigning issuesMKT-126: (The specified user does not exist or you do not have the necessary permissions)
The point is: a valid user is assigned to the Publisher custom field and yes I have necessary permissions as a Jira site admin.
PS: my Jira is in portuguese so I translated interface terms to english for out better communication.
This doesn't look like an Automaton For Jira rule. Can you post the actual rule?
You should be able to do an Edit Issue action and populate the Assignee field by copying from the Publisher field.
Hi, John. Here it is. It is in portuguese so let me know if I can help you with the translation.
Hi @Guilherme Taschetto:
There is a new feature in jira automation where you can now assign tickets to a specific smart value.
- Select the Assign Issue Action
- In the "Assign Issue To" field select "Smart Value"
- In the "Smart Value" field add the smart value {{issue.Publisher}} or {i{ssue.customfield.id}} -> this is your user customfield.
Obrigado
Hi,
I ran into the same Issue... After adding an Action to comment the customfield to an issue I was suprised to find some (REST?) result in the comment instead of an user....
Try
{{Publisher.AccountId}}
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.