Using Jira "Classic software" instance in Chrome spent maybe 5 minutes writing a new ticket, added small code blob and some discussion and examples.
Hit save, the ticket modal disappeared as expected.
Now I can't find the ticket.
It's not listed in backlog.
Refreshed and searched "recent".
Searching for distinctive term in title and description doesn't find it.
Seems as though it's just gone.
---
Is this "a thing"?
Is Jira delicate now like hotmail in the 90s where you have to carefully keep your work-in-progress -- to *not* use the built in WYSIWIG because sometimes you'll just lose your work?
Searching on this forum suggests that sometimes this just might happen. The comments from Sep last year here seem to share my current feels: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/JIRA-auto-save-issue-draft/qaq-p/148594 (thanks to @sfollen and @Ben Schulz for their input).
Can somebody help me confirm this either way so I can adapt my workflow? I'm angry about having to reconstruct this ticket. I honestly thought this kind of things was impossible these days, but there you go.
---
One of the most problematic things here is that I only know it's gone because I double checked in that minute.
It's entirely possible that I would have moved on and come back later and not been able to find this ticket .. and just felt gas-lit, frustrated and disempowered.