Jira Cloud question:
I'm relatively new to administration and I have a user requesting for a customized Issue Type (we'll call it "Ops Request") and add some customized Fields to this Issue Type.
What he wants is for this one specific Issue Type to have a nearly completely different set of Fields for users to enter information (apart from the standard required Fields, like Title and Description) and add it to his existing Project in Jira.
I have had a difficult time trying to accomplish this request for the customer. I've created the Issue Type, then when I tie it into a Project, all of the other Issue Types reflect that new Issue Type's fields, or if I add it to a Project, all the customized fields disappear and it mimics the fields from all other Issue Types within that project.
The closest I have come to accomplishing it was from this post here where I went through the steps and created what I thought was the correct process, but I'm certain I have gone onto a different tangent as what I've done is created all new Issue Types for the existing project (basically the project name followed by Task, Epic, Spike, etc.) because I gathered that's the only way I could create a custom Issue Type and then allow it to be separate from the other Issue Types and their fields.
The more I think about this, as I'm typing, the more I'm thinking what I need to do is add the new Issue type as a separate Field Scheme?
See image below for what I *think* I should be doing...

And what I ended up doing looks more like this (using a test project I set up):
What he wants is for basically all of his current Issue Types to be left alone and to just add the Ops Request, with it's own customized Fields.
Any help is appreciated. Guidance towards reference materials is also welcome.