Good morning Bob & Community,
Little help, please...
Situation:
We have been using Jira Cloud for quite some time but we have neglected ever archiving any of our Jira Releases. There are in the vicinity of over 200 Releases/versions that are marked as Released that I need to change from Released to Archived. Naturally, I would rather not do this one at a time for every single release, I prefer to perform a bulk/batch action that will archive all of our released versions. From what I have seen, it seems like Jira Command Line Interface (CLI) is an excellent option for accomplishing this task.
Intent:
Use Jira Command Line Interface (CLI) Windows client to archive all released versions by applying a command-line instruction in Jira Command Line Interface (CLI) client for Windows.
Definition of Done:
1. No errors in Jira Command Line Interface (CLI) client & successful execution of the command line instruction.
2. All 200+ released versions in Jira display their status as Archived.
Context:
1. My Jira Admin has successfully installed the Atlassian Jira Marketplace Jira Command Line Interface (CLI).
2. I have Jira admin access/permissions.
3. I have successfully, but manually, in the Jira GUI changed a single Released version to Archived.
4. I have successfully installed, configured, tested, & used the Jira Command Line Interface (CLI) client for Windows.
5. I have reviewed/read over the Jira Command Line Interface (CLI) documentation, the available commands & options, & the examples.
6. I have successfully generated the accurate list of releases that meet my requirements using the command "acli --action getVersionList --project "???" --options excludeArchived,excludeNotReleased" I have successfully sent the output from this command to both the console & a plain text file.
7. I have played around with "-a runFromVersionList --common "???..."" & "-a archiveVersion --project "???" --version "<I cannot figure this out>""
8. I do not have an SQL statement to provide for any option for any commands.
Current State:
I have attempted about two dozen permutations of the three commands listed above, but, every time, I receive an error message in the console. The error messages vary a lot & are too many in quantity to list here.
Question:
What would be the correct command for me to use in this situation, to archive all our Jira cloud released versions in bulk using the Jira Command Line Interface (CLI) client for Windows?
Thank you very much.
~Martin
P.S. I just now found & attempted: --action runFromVersionList --project "???" --common "-a archiveVersion --project "???" --version \\"@version@\\"" --continue
This also failed for me, giving me another console error message.
Run: -a archiveVersion --project ?? --version \2.4.6.6\
Client error: '\2.4.6.6\' is not a version for project ??.