I am looking at effectively creating a matrix in the backend of jira. I am wanting to create a text string where the first character in the text string is an integer. Using smart values then taking the integer and combining it with another string of a similar nature to perform a numerical operation.
Below is a trivial example of what I am trying -
Field 1 (Drop down called Field 1) Options -
1: small
2: medium
3: large
Field 2 (Drop down called Field 2) Options -
1: blue
2: green
3: red
Field 3 (numerical field called Field 3). Would it be possible in native automation to perform a calculation when field 1 is changed to adds 1st character of each text string together.
Something similar to below which would take the options for arguments sake 1:small and 2:green to give a value of 3 (adding 1 and 2 together)
{{#=}}{{issue.Field 1.charAt(1)}} + {{issue.Field 2.charAt(1)}}{{/}}