I am trying to utilize a Google script URL as a webhook. I've verified that my code works, I can do a POST from Postman, but cannot get a Jira Webhook to launch. I'm defining the webhook via the Jira admin panel. I've verified that the webhook configuration works by substituting a Webhook.site test url in it's place.my google script URL looks like this
https://script.google.com/a/sitexxxxx.com/macros/x/AKfycxxxxbwxIlsFj-xxxxxRZmAKbp-nXMPUHqxxxxxxxxYb/xxxis that too long? - the above is 103 charactersAnyone know how to create a shorter URL for a POST request? Tried tinyurl but that seems to not work
That may be too long, but I've never found anything concrete about what the limit is. The longest URL I've tried that worked was 87 characters. We have to send some of our webhooks through proxies because of this.It would be great if the Jira team could either document this limitation or fix it...
Your URL probably has an encoded string. Found out the hard way JIRA encodes the URL since it does the variable reference and the variable values could have special characters. If you first decode the webhook, it'll all work.
THIS NEEDS DOCUMENTED!!! Very frustrating problem Atlassian.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.