I am trying to use the out of the box automation rule for Updating Jira linked issues in JSD. This is the automation within JSD, not Global automation. My problem is that my ticket is still showing up in my OPEN queue because the RESOLUTION field is still set to UNRESOLVED.
The OPEN queue shows all tickets where resolution = Unresolved. For some reason, using the transition "Resolve this issue" is not setting resolution = Resolved. Is this a Jira bug?
I have been able to automatically resolve and close tickets using Global automation rules by doing the following:
- Edit the issue field RESOLUTION, setting it to DONE.
- Transition the issue to CLOSED.
The JSD automation process doesn't give me the ability to edit the RESOLUTION field.
I'm happy to use a Global automation rule, but I only want to run this rule between one JS project and JSD. When I tried to set up the global automation rule, running it only in the JS project, it isn't doing anything.
Can someone help me with how to set up a global automation rule so that it only works between one JS project and JSD? Or help me with the JSD rule?