I sent out an invite to our company to begin using the Jira Service Desk request portal. I had a number of them sign up and now they have all become agents. How can I let them just make requests on the portal without having them sign up as service desk users? I am not sure of the workflow for service desk users versus agents in the system. I have the customers and they are in the organization. Do they need an account? Should I delete them in the user management and put them in as a customer? This should be laid out better once you sign up. Let me understand the entire service desk workflow. This has been a pretty big disaster for our DevOps team so far.
Everything we do is internal facing. We do not have external customers. We manage everyone inside our organization and when then need IT requests or new software/services, I need a place for them to go make these requests. I was hoping that this would be it. So far i am not happy with how this is going so far.
And I have reviewed this link: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-desk-cloud/docs/how-can-service-desk-and-development-teams-work-together-with-jira-service/?_ga=2.227985434.660821056.1584970257-1026520945.1581372463
Not sure what that is telling me. I have 5 agents. They get the requests and work on them. I have organizations and in those organizations are customers that can make the requests and assign the agents. They should be able to see and make comments on the requests with the agent. This is all I want it to do.