I think the answer is no (perhaps by design, or a bug.)
Problem I'm solving:
We have times where we need to make a ticket for EVERYONE in the organization. Think "its time to update Chrome for a security issue." We'd like to be able to make a single ticket, hit a button, and get a dozen subtickets made under it - one for each person in the organization so we can track who has done the task.
I've been able to make an automation that does, ALMOST all of this. I setup a dedicated "everyone" field. I have a watcher looking to see if it's checked. When it changes to Yes, the automation goes through and creates sub tasks for every individual. I'm able to inherit all of the fields like description and due date, but there's no way to inherit status that i can see from this create sub task action.
Meanwhile, I've made a separate automation that watches for all tasks being created. If the issuetype=sub-task, it looks to the parent and inherits the workflow status field.
What happens now is when i check the everyone box, all the sub tasks are made, they're assigned to the right people, have the due-dates, etc... But they're all set to incomming... When i look at the audit trail for the automation for assigning status, it hasn't been tripped at all.
Meanwhile if I manually make a subtask on the same parent issue, it DOES inherit the subtask status...
So:
1) Is it by design that tasks created during an automation don't trigger other automations or did I find a known bug/feature improvement on the way?
2) Anyone have any clever work arounds so we don't have to still go through each of these sub tasks and flip them to the to-do status?