I have a project service desk for our internal IT team. We have an external partner that support us for our ERP. I want to give access only to issues assigned to that Jira agent account. I have read the similar discussion, which is not working, https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Restrict-Service-Desk-Agent-to-only-assigned-and-reported-issues/qaq-p/942362
Hello @Dimitris Chatzoglou
Thank you for reaching out.
Per your description, I understand you are trying to restrict some of your external users to only access the issues they are assigned to. Is that correct?
Please, follow the exact steps below to properly restrict it as you need:
1 - Add one distinct Group containing ONLY users related to your internal team. P.S: Make sure to keep the external team out of this group.
2 - Create a new security level containing:
- Your Internal Team (Using the group you created) - The assignee field
- Your Internal Team (Using the group you created)
- The assignee field
3 - Bulk add the security level to all your issues, also configuring it as a default security level to the new issues you create
With the steps above, the external team will only be able to access the issues they are assigned to. If the steps above do not work, please provide us two screenshots of your security level and issue view.
Let us know if you have any questions.
Hi @Petter Gonçalves
Yes, you have understood correctly my need. I will try the steps above and come back so we can inform the community.
Thank you for accepting the answer and confirm it worked for you. Let us know if you have any further questions!
@Petter Gonçalves Thank you, it worked!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.