(Using Jira Cloud)
Automation for Jira
We have an outside build management system that sends us an email when a 'FixVersion' has moved into to QA/UAT/Prod.
I want to be able to leverage that email to send to Jira (or a specific trigger issue) which will run criteria on all issues within that issues FixVersion and transition them through the process.
- The issues are not 'linked' or 'related'
- they're independent fixes/items that just happen to be in the same fixversion
- The only commonality is the 'FixVersion'
- We have a custom field called 'Build ID' as well which should mimic the 'FixVersion'
- Once i receive an email that the fixversion has been deployed, I want to easily be able to transition all of those issues (in a valid current state) to the next status in the workflow.
Here's what I have so far, rigged up by me sending the email to a specific Jira issue, which adds a comment and then transitions it. But it's only a 1-to-1 and I'd like a 1-to-many.
What I'm missing is the part i've noted in Red.
