Hey!
Repo: https://bitbucket.org/atlassianlabs/automatic-cloud-backup/src/master/
There is an official repo for automating backups towards the backup API using either Python or PowerShell.
I'd like to contribute some fixes and such to the repo but it seems that forking is disabled and I cannot spawn a pull request.
Is there any public channel where I can reach the developers and share the code?Or perhaps get access by the devs to fork their repository?
@Dario B - Maybe you can help me out?
EDIT: moved my reply to a separate answer
Hi @Sebastian Claesson ,
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
The repository is indeed restricted, but usually customers can interact with us (me and my other colleagues maintaining the scripts) by creating an issue in the project:
Once this has been said, can you kindly let us know what you would like to fix so that maybe we can help you out or do it for you?
Cheers,Dario
Hi @Dario BThat works too, but it would be easier if I was able to do a pull request and mark code with comments.I did a rewrite of the script and conslidated the option to backup confluence and jira in the same powershell script.I did two concepts..1) Contains the PowerShell script for the configuration and that dot sources the function
2) Contains the configuration and the function in the same PowerShell script.I'll post it in my own public repo. repo: https://bitbucket.org/sebastiancla/atlassian-cloud-backup/src/master/Would love your feedback on it - And if you need an incentive I can absolutely post issues and with a reference to this repo and lines with the fixes!
Thanks @Sebastian Claesson !
My colleague @Stephen Sifers is the one that wrote the powershell scripts. I will ask him to review and, in case, incorporate your script.
Thanks for the attention @Dario B !@Stephen Sifers , If you have any questions just let me know!
Thanks,Sebastian
Hello @Dario B ,
I just wrote a CLI tool based on Node.js to manage Atlassian cloud backups. Maybe you want to have a look at it and maybe link to it as an alternative: https://bitbucket.org/addcraftio/atlascloud-backup
Hi @Steffen Müller ,
Thanks a lot for your contribution.
I have linked your solution and the one from @Sebastian Claesson as alternative solutions to the project:
Alternative Solutions In case the scripts in here don't fit your need, there are a number of alternative solution you can explore: PowerShell scripts by Sebastian Claesson CLI tool to manage backups for Atlassian Cloud sites by Steffen Müller (based on Node.js, features OpsGenie integration and backup rotation) Another option is to use Automation for Jira, as explained in the Atlassian Community Article: Automate online site-backups for Jira and Confluence without programming Please notice none of above solutions is officially supported.
In case the scripts in here don't fit your need, there are a number of alternative solution you can explore:
Another option is to use Automation for Jira, as explained in the Atlassian Community Article: Automate online site-backups for Jira and Confluence without programming
Please notice none of above solutions is officially supported.
Let me know if there is anything else I can do.
Have a nice weekend.
Cheers,
Dario
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.