I am looking for a way to automate this. How can I get this to have the same scheme as one projects and use it as a template across all projects?
This will be using JIRA Cloud, and do not want the coding version of how to solve this.
Thanks
Hi @Nicole Ogloza
If you're creating a new Classic project, you can do this to copy the schemes from another project:
^ The project will now have the same workflow schemes, screen schemes, etc as the one you targeted.
Note this only works for Classic Projects. This is not available for Next-Gen as of yet - but is on the public roadmap as coming in 2020, see "Copy next-gen project configurations and workflows"
Ste
Thanks @ste
How can this be done in 2021, now that "classic projects" have been renamed as "company-managed"? In the current interface setup, when I create a new project, I am not seeing a box to "Share settings with an existing project".
Hi @Kyle Mann
This is still possible, it's just a few steps into the process:
Hi, I followed all the steps but I got a project with no board. How can I achieve creating a new project from existing one so in the end I would have the board with all columns and setting also copied from the existing project to the new one?
Hi @Karolina Boguszewska
You can't using this option.
I would envisage this is because:
---
You could copy a Board though, and link it to the newly created Project?
To do this...
^ This should provide you all the Board's settings with only minor changes to be made to point it to your new Project!
Note: You must create a new filter, do not modify the one which already exists. This is because the "Copy" function does not copy the filter, it just utilises the same filter from the original board.
Let us know if this works for you!
Thank you! It worked great
So I am at a bit of a loss following these solutions. I have created a new project in Jira Product Discovery and really dread re-doing all the changes and mods for the next project as well. I am not able to successfully follow any of the above suggestions to use this project as a template for a new one.
Have there been updates that makes the above old advice perhaps?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.