Hello,
these days I wanted to give a try to the new Jira free tier, because a few years ago I worked in a company that used it and I had a good feeling.
I am an old Bitbucket customer that I used from a long-time for my personal projects, so the first step that I tried was to import a Bitbucket repo's issues to my new Jira dashboard. I thought the process would be straightforward, instead I noticed immediately from the documentation that the old wizards have been removed from the new Jira versions so I followed these instructions (https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/importing-data-from-bitbucket-935384618.html).
Even if I consider illogical to edit manually the JSON exported from the Bitbucket export (both appreciated Atlassian products), I gave it a try but I already knew that this would have brought me to strange errors. In fact, I struggled a lot and even if I simplify as much as I can the JSON, I receive the following error:
"Error importing issue [externalId='null', summary='Request for comment']: Status [ New ] does not have a linked step in the [ Software Simplified Workflow for Project TEST ] workflow. Please map to a different status."
Now, from the error message I think that I have to change something in the workflows, but I don't understand why there is nothing that works out-of-the-box for Bitbucket or at least a documentation that works.
Here below the JSON that I try to upload; where am I wrong? What I have to do?
{
"projects": [
{
"name": "test",
"key": "TEST",
"type": "software",
"template":"com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-kanban-template",
"milestones":[],
"attachments":[],
"versions":[],
"components":[],
"issues":[
{"status":"new","priority":"critical","issuetype":"bug","description_updated_on":null,"voters":[],"summary":"Request for comment","component":null,"watchers":[{"display_name":"Name Surname","account_id":"xxyyzz:kkkjjjj4-8ce9-4768-8f3e-734e12c2cb2d"}],"description":"Lorem ipsum","assignee":"xxx","created_on":"2020-01-16T10:24:04.592640+00:00","version":null,"edited_on":null,"milestone":null,"updated_on":"2020-01-16T15:05:46.998750+00:00","id":20}
]
}
]
}