Hello,
How can you disable permission to change who the 'Reporter' field is?
Also is there a way to track or see who the Reporter was previously if I can't restrict people from changing the Reporter?
HI,
If you want to restrict the users to not to change the reporter update the permissions scheme, there is a permission called "Modify reporter" update it accordingly(Give permissions to the one that can modify).
If you want to see the previous reporter, you can always use History tab on issue to check who modified and what was changed.
Thanks,
Ravi
Thanks for your help Ravi,
Ive removed all groups except the 'Administrators' group from it but the user is still able to edit the Reporter field.
As you can Jay isn't part of the Administrator group. What am I missing that he is still able to change the Reporter field?
Hi,
as said by Ravi, you'll need to set the Modify reporter permission.
This is however a project permission, so you'll have to make changes in the permission schemes .
Each project has a permission scheme which is probably shared over multiple projects.
Please also have a look at project roles , you'll benefit greatly from it when managing your instance in the long run.
Hi Johan,
I did remove all users from the 'Modify Reporter' from the default permissions scheme except the administrators group.
I would have thought that removing a user/group from this wouldn't allow users to be able to change the reporter on the tickets which is what I want to do.
Unless I am missing something?
you'll have to verify which permission scheme is used in the projects where you encounter non admins modifying the reporter.
The default permission scheme might not be used in those projects.
I've only got 1 permission scheme. I followed the instructions for this to make sure I've assigned the correct permission scheme to to the correct Project.
But after step 2 I can't seem to see the permissions section or anything on the lower right like the instructions say.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.