I apologize in advance for asking such an obvious question, but the workflow for creating page links seems to have changed since the last time I used Confluence, and the relevant documentation does not reflect what I observe when working in the current editor.
I'm editing an existing page, and would like to create a link to a new page that does not yet exist. The Confluence documentation refers to this as an "undefined page". When I attempt to create a link to an undefined page, however, I only seem to have the ability to choose from existing pages.
Per the documentation (for example, here), I should have an "Advanced" option that allows creating a new page. When I type CTRL+K or click the Link button in the editor, however, there is only a list of existing pages, with no Advanced option.
I'm an infrequent Confluence user, but recall in the past that I could create page links, including to new pages, by using square brackets (e.g. "[New Page]"). I just re-read some doc that describes this "autocomplete" behavior. Apparently it's supposed to still work, but when I type square brackets into the page they just result in those literal characters being added, without any special behavior.
My question is:
- Is it still possible to create a link to an undefined page and, if so, how?
I'm using Confluence Cloud, if that matters.
Thanks in advance for your help!