Hello,
I'm not being able to delete an issue/story on my free tier project.
Here's what I've tried:
All failed.
Any idea why? From what I see this shouldn't be a problem with free tier as permissions is allowing administrators to delete issues, which I am.
Thank you
Related: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-do-you-delete-issues-on-Jira-Free-plan/qaq-p/1209175
Check which groups you are a member of.
Add your iser directly via username to the delete issue permission.
Confirm of this works.
Also confirm project type standard or Next-Gen project so I can test this.
Hi Ismael,
Thank you for the reply.
Please check the steps I wrote, #1 and #2 already addresses your suggestion.
The project type is classic (standard).
Cheers
Sorry I missed that.
An you add yourself to the permission then and of it appears raise a bug with Atlassian?
I tested this and it did work for me.
I can't add myself to permission, it's free tier. But it says administrator and I'm in all admin groups possible.
I think the default permissions don't allow tickets to be deleted by anyone. Further, the free tier does not allow permissions to be changed. Hence, free tier projects don't allow tickets to be deleted.
It makes no sense to me that tickets can't be deleted (they just clutter up the backlog/issue database), but it is what it is...
I found out that issues can be deleted in the New-Gen type of project. It has many other features missing though..
Experiencing the same issue. Frustrating.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.