Project lead is prominently displayed for Jira next-gen projects. However, this person cannot be changed and seems to be set to the project creator. Please advise on how to change this. Thank you!
Hi @Peter Graff, MA, PhD , there is an open request for this - JSWCLOUD-17323 . However, there are some discussions on this where folks have found a workaround. One of the threads shows on the right under “Related Community content” - How-to-change-project-lead-in-a-Next-Gen-Project . You can also search in the search bar. I will say that I recall successfully changing the lead once before but then saw mention of the method later not working. I have not tried this in some time.
if you are successful please post your method here.
Thank you for your response. I would like to try this workaround:
https://mihamina.rktmb.org/2019/07/project-lead-nextgen-project.html
However, I cannot locate the project ID. Do you know how I can get that number? Thank you!
you need to use a browser that displays the URL on mouse-over, e.g. FF.
Ok, so the workaround just takes me to the settings page of the next-gen project, where I cannot change the project lead. Any more ideas? Thanks so much for your help.
@Peter Graff, MA, PhD,This is the only way:https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Next-gen-articles/Ultimate-agility-the-ONLY-way-to-change-a-Next-Gen-Project-lead/ba-p/1296695#M1232
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.