I just spent the last hour trying to log back into Jira after I had to clear my browser's cache. This is the 2nd time this has happened to me in the last 6 months. Fortunately I've only had to clear my browser cache those 2 times in 6 months. But this is ridiculous. It started with:
Oops, you've made a malformed request.
Often, clearing your browsers cache and restarting your browser will solve this problem.
If that doesn't work, please contact support.
and following the instructions didn't do a damn thing. I tried in a different browser multiple times, finally got logged in using Firefox, then went back to Chrome, tried again with what I had verified was a valid password, still no dice, then tried resetting the password and still couldn't log in. Tried to access support, but lo and behold you have to log in to be able to access support, well I CAN'T FREAKING LOG IN, HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO GET SUPPORT???!!!!, Back to the drawing board, googling and trying possible solutions, got random nonce authentication failed messages and FINALLY, FINALLY found the "Account Recovery" link. That one only took 3 times before it finally worked. What a joke! God forbid anyone ever has to clear their browser cache. If you do, just prepare yourself for an hour's worth of back and forth and hair-pulling frustration before you can ever log back in, at least if you use Chrome. And who the hell knows what steps I went through to pull myself out of hell? It was far too many for me to remember what the correct steps were. So if anyone here has memorized Dante's steps out of Jira purgatory, please document them here so I don't have to go through this again.