1. Went to activa and inactive
2. not able to find the workflow which is inactive making active
Hello @Laxmipathi Varma
Have you checked out this link? https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/managing-your-workflows-776636587.html
It guides you through the necessary steps to make a workflow active.
For a workflow to be active you need to associate them with a workflow scheme that can eventually be associatd with a project. I would recommend following the link and hopefully that will answer your question.
Hi @Laxmipathi Varma
All the unassigned workflows are inactive until they are assigned to a project.
So in order to active the workflow just go to that workflow which will be in Inactive Workflows and assign it to a project which you needs to. It will automatically gets active
Hope it helps!
Teja
Think of active and inactive as indicators of whether a workflow is in use, not a flag you set (a flag would be of no use - what matters is if a workflow is set to be used by a project or not)
Thank you guys I have got an answer and working fine for me, Jira should make it a bit simple the more updates they are making they are making more complicated. I love the Jira older cloud
If anyone can help me with the below Question it would be really appreciated it.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Story-points-filed-is-missing-from-the-issue-screen/qaq-p/1198665#M382405
It doesn't work for me. When I am trying to assign the workflow to the project it is not listed for me, so I cannot do any action. It's like a dead end. The scheme is inactive, so it's not on the list. It's not on the list, because it's inactive... help!
Thanks a lot!!!
I'm having an issue here, I followed all the steps and when I have to assign a project to the workflow scheme, I cannot find for my life the option WORKFLOWS inside the configuration of the project.
Following the steps of the link mentioned above is not helping, anyone?
Are you in a Next-Gen project? They don't have workflow settings.
how can I verify that?
I do have the option of creating workflows or using the default one, but they are all unassigned and inactive
Look to the bottom left of the screen when you are administrating the project. It should say something like "this is a next-gen project"
how inactive workflows to do active
See YTZ's answer and my supporting comment.
Thank you for that answer! It save me a good hour of time.
importing a workflow is not available for business or software project, i've checked them. i seen this as a poorly designed UX, its really unclear on what to do
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.