I am the main Jira administrator for a cloud Jira and my collegue from another department created new project for his needs. When he asks me to fix something in project I cannot do that - Jira says that this project cannot be found. However I know for sure that it exists and I saw issues on collegues' PC.
He cannot add me to any role on this project because it is another department and they need to keep things private.
I tried the link that I use to go to project config, but get the error in subject.
https://mycompany.atlassian.net/projects/SALES/settings/details
1. I understand that I should not have access to project data, but why does Jira restrict me from configuration? I am a site administrator, why are there parts of site that can not be configured by me?
2. The error message displayed is misleading. I'm sure it would be better to have something like "Project exists but we do not want you to have access to it because some ozzy managers decided to not let administrators have full power".
3. Is there a secret button to let me configure projects where I do not have any role? In Confluence it is possible if you have Admin role. Why it is not possible in Jira?