Hi,
I'd like to be able to @ mention myself in a ticket and get an email notification, just as if someone ELSE did so.
Is there some way to do this?
Thanks
hello @Shawn Matthews .
If you check the answer of Atlassian on this thread, it is stipulated that the author of mentions are not part of the mentions recipients. Not sure you can do that in Jira.Regards
Change within your personal settings the option: "Notifications of your changes" to "Notify Me". It'll notify you for every change you make also
Nevermind, looks like @robert Mugabuhamye has the correct answer.
I am using jira Server 7.10I can Mention myself in the coment with @user1603166931620 and I get a notification mail
@Shawn Matthews it looks like @Alexander Pappert is right.Maybe enabling the personal settings @Randy mentioned will work.
That thread is confluence so I'm not sure that's relevant?
My team seems to feel this is a change in behavior.
This seems to be correct, however it is far noisier than past behavior. It would preferable if there was an option to have it only notify you on your own self mentions.
^ which is how Jira notifications used to work until recently
Looks like @Randy has it right. Thanks!
I agree with Todd - in Jira this is absolutely a new thing. I used that feature all the time because it then sends you an email with a nicely bundled and summarized Comment that you can then do a 1-time forward to others outside of Jira, such as vendors or internal folks with no Jira login.
Is there some way i can get that back ?
Mark, it's absolutely a recent change in behavior. For 8+ years, I have @ mentioned myself in ticket comments during meetings so that there's a To-Do notification in my inbox when I get back to my desk. This functionality disappeared a few weeks ago. No idea if that was intentional but I would very much like that feature back.
This "question" is marked as "answer accepted" though, so perhaps we need to open up a bug ticket (if that's a thing)?
Since this answer is unacceptable to me, I opened my own question, you can follow here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Why-don-t-I-get-a-notification-when-I-mention-myself-i-a-Jira/qaq-p/1198259#M382313
The actual full story is:
* 6 years ago a jira issue was opened that considered this a bug https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-34717
* It was fixed ~ September 4th 2019
* We all started noticing the "bug fix" which is more a regression
* Hilda Chkwu on 2019-10-04 opens up https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-73112 to put them back
If you're experiencing it working, either you have the all notifications preference flagged or you're lucky. Enjoy your luck.
Hope this is useful for anyone else. Please Vote for https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-73112 if you want this back. Thanks.
How do I vote for this using the link above please? thanks
@jo astley , in the top-right corner of JRACLOUD-73112, you should see a Vote count and Watchers count, with links to "Vote for this issue" and "Start watching this issue."
Thanks. I was looking there but it was all greyed out. Noticed that I was not logged in despite being logged in on other tabs 🙈 Would think once you are logged in you are logged in but clearly not. THanks for your help. I have voted.
In your settings, it is nowadays called: " [ ] You make changes to the issue"
Off course, this does more than just letting you tag yourself, but it's workable.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.