I notice when adding a template, the page title doesn't propogate when actually using the template as a new page. How can I have an automated Title format appear?
Hello there, @May Nguyen !
As I understand, you need to automatically create page titles. This also needs to be applied using a specific template. Is that correct?
To make a long story short, I can tell you that this is possible in our Self-hosted (server/datacenter) versions of Confluence, but not in Cloud
The solution relies on User Macros, which are not available in Confluence Cloud. Here is a list of differences between Cloud and Self-hosted:
Compare Atlassian cloud vs server Functional differences in Confluence Cloud
If you want to quench the curiosity, here is the community thread about this same situation:
Is it possible de prefill a page title based on a template variable ?
Let me know about your findings, May!
Thanks, got it using a macros!
Any chance this will be ported to cloud? This would be really useful.
@May Nguyen , which macros did you end up using? I would also like the title to autopopulate from a template but I can't figure it out. Thank you!
I actually just used a Jira macro to provide guidance tips on how to re-title the document in a particular format, but I can't find it anymore.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.