My dilemma is that I am a sole trader maintaining a personal wiki in Confluence 5.10.8 on PostgreSQL and every 5 or so years I need to migrate that to a new laptop.
I have no skills in administering PostgreSQL and no wish to acquire them because I do not use this or any other DBMS for any other purpose.
So far my outlay has been $10 per year for a starter license which has been excellent value.
I've just started reading about Confluence Cloud which I believe I could access for $100 per year as 1 user.
Rather than me spending many hundreds of dollars and much time finding someone to take my Confluence 5.10.8 / PostgreSQL 9.2 database from a Windows 7 SP1 laptop and moving it to a Windows 10 for Workstations laptop at the latest Atlassian recommended Confluence / PostgreSQL versions, I am wondering whether it may be prudent for me to upload it to a Confluence Cloud account instead?
If so, is it as simple as me asking Atlassian to upload my Confluence/PostgreSQL data and start serving it to me on Confluence Cloud for $100 per year?