User names are no longer appearing on any software or service project. Whether it be a customer or backend user. It just says "Failed to Retrieve User" following by a user ID such as 5bb23f03ab2e976d0b642186
Hi Nick,
Sorry to hear about this problem. We were experiencing an issue that was impacting some Atlassian Cloud customers around the time you created this question.
This change in the user references is due to GDPR (the European regulation for privacy).
You can find more details here: https://www.atlassian.com/trust/privacy/gdpr
In most cases, APIs and functions allow you to retrieve user profiles with their unique ID, depending on what you're trying to achieve you should find a workaround!
Feel free to share more details if you need assistance porting your current state to a GDPR compliant way of working with Jira
Hope this helped!
Cheers
We're still seeing this issue today 7/3/19.
"Failed to Retrieve User 5c5b4b56b287111683608562"
We've had this issue ongoing for the last 10 days or so.
Usually only affects initial issue created email but viewing issue and subsequent emails are fine.
However a few minutes ago, all users starting showing failed to retrieve, only to resolve itself a few minutes after that.
Edit - Jira status is showing maintenance right now so that would explain the most recent issue, but not the ongoing initial email issue.
I have a similar problem when receiving email notifications from Jira.
For example, multiple users make edits/transitions on some Jira ticket, and I receive email notifications for this ticket, some of these notifications will have the users' names, other won't. It varies, so in one email notification the same person can be named, in another email the same person can be "Failed to Retrieve User xxxx"
I updated our workflow to a new one over the weekend. I made sure to map all existing Statuses to new ones. This morning, users are reporting an issue when moving existing issues into the Development status when we get the error in the Assigned and Project Manager fields:
I exported the user file and they are valid users who are not available in the drop-down lists (since they are already assigned).
Is this something that could have been caused by the workflow change? If so, what is the fix?
I'm still seeing the "Failed to Retrieve User" in the rest responses. Is there any issue I can track?
We also are seeing "Failed to Retrieve User" again.
We are encountering the exact same problem sometimes since today.
It's October and I'm seeing this again, please fix. I can't tell who is doing anything.
We are getting the same issue today.
We are experiencing this issue widespread this morning...Was spotty previously...What is the cause and when will this be corrected?
Same here
Same as reported by Lacey. All users in tickets are showing "Failed to retrieve user" including when trying to @ tag someone internal to a ticket. ETA on resolution please.
We are also seeing this issue on and off today.
I am seeing this issue as well. I cannot assign an issue to myself.
Same issue with us today. Please help to fix.
We are getting the same issue today as well for coreljira.atlassian.net (Cloud Jira). We need this fixed ASAP. Note that https://jira-core.status.atlassian.com/ is now showing this error.
Same here...
Here in Brazil we got the same issue today.=S
Este problema se esta presentando nuevamente hoy.
Is there an update on this issue?
Also having this issue at the moment.
We are experiencing this issue as well.
I've only encountered this briefly once before.As of 5-10 minute ago I am seeing this issue across all projects.
Same issue here.
Hi there...
Just moments ago everything was fine and then user names are not showing up.
The issue seems to have re-cropped. Is there an ongoing incident?
"Failed to Retrieve User 5d19feb5e3f1b90d1765bd47"
A quick help on this topic would be much appreciated.
Thank you.
Same issue in our Org
Hi miikhy,
If it was GDPR related, why was it fine all these days and now suddenly I am facing the same error now?
I did not change my login credentials nor updated my profile in anyway in the recent past.
It seems that this issue on October 21, 2019 has been resolved. It is working again for us.
FYI, it's spotty. It's been on and off all day. It might return.
Ours is back and forth
Ugh.... Would be nice if they actually reported an Incident at Jira Software or Jira Core for those who subscribe to those system errors (me). Poor customer service.
Hello all on this thread - I'm not part of the Atlassian team, but figure to share that adding messages to a "Resolved" thread is not really best practice. Should be submitting help cases through their contact section and selecting the appropriate priority. Also, instead of duplicating a message from the person who wrote in right before you, might make sense to utilize the "Votes" shows on the left. If you're like me, reading this thread of the same messages from a mixed bag of dates is fairly confusing and not very helpful.
My point is, the more help requests they receive, more likely they are to ramp the priority and expedite a fix. I'm not so sure they value the quantity of community messages on a thread, less a resolved thread.
Hi Ben and Others....
The issue seems to have be rectified. Thanks to Atlassian team. Appreciated.
We are still experiencing this on and off throughout the day.
Hello, We are experiencing "failed to retrieve users".
Same Here!
I created a ticket with Atlassian support for this issue by doing the following:
I think the more reports here the the faster they will be at resolving this.
We are also seeing this issue today. It was working just a few minutes ago. Is there a fix in the works?
Adam,
Thank you for this, for the life of me I couldn't find where to submit this. I just created a ticket with them and put in a link to this thread. This has 34 people and counting that have been adding to it. Hopefully, they will see that.
I submitted a new ticket for this, if you wish to follow/ add your comments to it, to aid in faster resolution:
https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/23/JST-522624
I submitted a new ticket for this as well, if you wish to follow/ add your comments to it, to aid in faster resolution:
We are experiencing the same issue right now.
Hey Lil, that's a support ticket we cannot access it. Nevertheless, it will get actioned from A's end.
the issue seems to be resolved on our end. Thanks for the fix!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.