We have Jira Service Desk Cloud. We also have an external service that reports on issues every 15 minutes until the particular issue is solved. For example, we are an ordering platform for restaurants and sometimes a product order will fail to be sent onto their foodservice vendor. We have an alert from the external service that says order number xxxx failed. If the order hasn't gone through by the next time the service checks for it, we get another alert.
The alerts come via a particular email address. The body and subject of the email is the same every time it fires.
I see one ticket per instance of an order number that is failing, so if order number xxxx is failing, I would see one ticket for the first time the service checked, then another ticket for the next time the service checked and so on.
I would like to avoid these duplicates. Since the body and subject of the emails are identical to one another, is this possible through an automation of some sort? I have ScriptRunner and Automation for Jira, but haven't been able to solve this yet.
It doesn't look like advanced mail loop detection is the right fit here since the emails are 15 minutes apart.
Thank you!
- Drew Nedderman