How do I set Next Gen project default assignee in Cloud Jira
you can access "Manage rules" in the board view where you can set the assignee based on certain actions, e.g. when issue is created.
oh and... Live long and prosper
Hi Jack!!
I didn't see a rule for when issue is created.
I only saw a rule for when an issue is moved
dang... i assumed if you chose "to do" (the first status) it would work but nooooo...
However, I did find a solution that is lots of fun. :-) Here is the complete thread - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-do-i-set-default-assignee-and-workflow-in-next-gen-projects/qaq-p/943401
However, here is the solution steps that basically has you getting access to the project Details page by constructing the URL
Find your project ID:
https://your-company.atlassian.net/secure/project/EditProject!default.jspa?pid=PID
Yes it worked!!
Thank you
Hi, did anyone find another workaround? The workaround identified doesn't work for me on Jira Cloud. Jira Next-Gen suuuucks
Alas, no. I've got our teams assigning issues to me so I get an email that it was created. I can then revise as necessary. Yeah, it is ridiculous that JIRA botched this.
Check out this app - Classic Settings for Next-Gen projectshttps://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1222170/classic-settings-for-next-gen-projects?hosting=cloud&tab=overview
It's free and does exactly what we need.Reference: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17323?focusedCommentId=2381913&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-2381913
Took me ages, but finally figured how to add a default assignee for Next Gen Issues.Just open any existing issue (existing, not new), click Automation rules on the right hand side.
Add a new rule with 'Issue creation' as the trigger, save, then set the assignee.
Now they will always be assigned the issue once it's created. Be aware it can take 2 seconds, so it will be created with unassigned, and then almost instantly change when the rule is run from the trigger.
I assume we no longer need an assigned lead for projects, as this approach does exactly the same, but with more control - albeit slightly harder to set up ... though only once, and really only a few more clicks than Classic.
I think it's sort of better overall, but needs more UX management to make it easier to set something which seems a pretty obvious control.
Thanks for this share @Sarwar Faruque!
I remember I thanked you for sharing Classic Settings in another post, but not yet for this one. I recently noticed some participants of this post shared us too, so I thought it'd be nice to let you know it made a difference.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.