I have given access to one of my client in JIRA. but he can see the name of the assignee in JIRA ticket. Can I disable him (my client) from seeing who I have assign the ticket?
JIRA doesn't have field level permissions. There may be a plugin available in the cloud version.
Hello @Rasanka Boteju
Jira doesn't support field level permissions. Hence out of the box it's not possible. You can hide the whole issue from a user using issue security scheme but not a specific field.
But your requirement is quite common and previously discussed on the community. There are paid plugins for this purpose but I don't think they are available on cloud.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/23216/field-security-plugin-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview&_ga=2.80869329.739971346.1558271307-10709057.1525334903
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212681/secure-fields-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview&_ga=2.80869329.739971346.1558271307-10709057.1525334903
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/hide-show-fields-depending-on-a-users-permissions/qaq-p/712544
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/JIRA-Is-it-possible-to-hide-fields-from-certain-users/qaq-p/3524
I'm afraid that's not possible, please read this.
There are possible workarounds and a paid plugin.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-4745
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-1330
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/23216/field-security-plugin-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview
BR, Olga
Thanks for the explanation!!!
Thanks for the explanation!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.