Hi,
as I am digging my way through our new JIRA cloud instance, I must have configured something leading to a peculiar behavior:
When I try to set permissions to a board filter based on project roles, the roles in the drop down only show up if a certain user group has been added to that role in the project.
To give an example: Besides the default roles I've defined two additional project roles: Customers and Devs. On the user management layer I've added two user groups: team and devs.
Now in a project I want to restrict permissions of the board to just Devs. When I edit the configuration of the board and want to change its access permissions (via the permissions of the board filter), I can choose "Role", the project" and can then choose a role from a drop down list. However, none of my defined and built-in roles show up unless I've added the group "team" to any of the roles. If none or just the devs group has been added to the project role, the role will not show up in the project role filter drop down list.
So obvioulsy, I've done something to the team group that makes it special. However, I can't figure out what that might be and how I can expand that generally.
What is the requirement for a project role to show up in the drop down list for borad filter permissions then trying to restrict access by project role? Any pointers would be helpful.
Cheers
Andreas