We have been using Jira Software for some time now and we just started with Jira Service Desk. I would like to not have to duplicate/copy/link issues between our support project and our development project. I want bug reports from our customers to come directly into our application development board.
I created a jira software Bug Report Board which shows all bugs submitted by our users. Pretty useful to our developers.
But it seems that our Jira Software Users cannot TRANSITION an issue from one status to another without also being Jira Service Desk users.
I want my Jira Software developers to be able pickup a bug report and fix it, and transition it, so that my support agents can see the live status of the bug report (assigned, in progress, fixed, verified, merged, deployed... etc.).
Am I missing a certain permission when it comes to transitioning an issue or is this only for Service Desk Agents?