I want to be able to track updates to clients so that i can capture tickets that go beyond 5 days with no update from my team to the client.
Is there a JQL that can capture this so that i can start to improve our client updates on tickets?
As stated I would recommend you use SLA for this. If you concur and need assistance with doing so LMK.
Thank you for the response i am not sure how that would work or be reportable. We update tickets with internal comments between teams but i would like to improve client updates so wondered if there was some way of me having a list of tickets that haven't had an external comment to the client within the last 5 days?
I was pondering this further and looking at the SLA method and while I still would consider that path it can get complex when trying to 'restart' the SLA every time a comment is added. Basically, you want to start the SLA on issue created and stop on comment for customer BUT also 'restart' on the same comment which is the rub. There are some Automation ideas that could help but again this gets messy IMO. I will look at this further today as I have free time to contemplate and will reach out to other Community folks for input as well.
Unfortunately, there is no native JQL for when a comment was made. Scriptrunner addon has a "commentedon" function that would be useful if you have to have that addon.
Thank you
Hey @Gemma - @Jack Brickey pinged me on this and here's the solution I have in mind for you.
Long story short - you can report on issues in a certain state and for how long they've been in that state, but if you want SLA resets, it gets a bit tricky as Jack eluded to.
The way I have this set is that when a comment to the customer is made, it changes the status of the issue to 'waiting for customer'. When a customer makes a comment or the issue is created, the status is set to 'waiting on support'. With this methodology we can track whether a customer is waiting on us, or we are waiting on the customer (and for how long).
In your case, if a file passes five business days in waiting on support - this could trigger an update to the ticket or an email escalation (with automation for JIRA) or another appHowever, more complex if you're trying to reset the SLA every five business days or when a customer-facing comment is made.
In that case, the way I would do it is to create a loop transition where:1. comment is made to customer2. ticket goes to waiting on customer3. sla is satisfied4. automation puts it back in to waiting on support
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.