Hello Atlassian Community!
Just looking for a bit of guidance to know whether something is possible.
It relates to JIRA and Confluence in the cloud and automation. I know there are products like Bob Swift's addons that might do the job, but I don't want to wade through the documentation to find out (and I'm not technical enough to know from looking at it whether it will do what I want or not).
Anyway, here I go:
From a Jira record, I want to be able to click on a button (or trigger it in some way), to create a Confluence page based on a template. The name of the page should be the same as the Jira Summary field. Embedded on the Confluence template is a Jira Issue/Filter Macro with a JQL query in it - in that query, I want to insert the key of the Jira record into that query (the rest of the query needs to stay there). When the new Confluence page is published, then I want to copy the URL (preferably the shorten URL) of that page and insert it into a URL field on the Jira record.
At the moment this is all done manually and it isn't the nicest thing for normal users to do. So if I can automate it, it would be fantastic.
So, is it possible?
Many Thanks
David