Hello all,
I discovered a possible problem with Questions searching...
Requirement: I have been asked to find a way to list out all Confluence Questions that include any variation of a specific label (or topic). Example: search for "security" but also find labels/topics like "data-security", "coe-security", "security-fix", etc.
When using Questions > Topics and searching from there... you will see all variations of the search topic (if they exist). The problem is that it's not a consolidated list; each topic is a separate list.

The Problem
Searching from Advanced Search > Custom (Questions), using Search: labelText:security (or with * wildcard on either side, or any variation of wildcard *) results in ONLY specific "security" labels. In other words, the resulting list does not show compound labels/any label with a hyphen.
Wild Cards Sort of Work?
Further testing reveals the following behavior:
- labelText:security* will find any topic with security to the left of the entire topic name. Example: securitytest is found.
- labelText:*security will only list the specific topic, "security".
There doesn't seem to be a way to find topics hyphenated topics that include "security". 
Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?
Thank you