Hello Community,
I was curious whether anyone has run into the need -and a subsequent solution- for "Technical Comments" (or notes) in tickets.
You would think that ALL comments in a software project are technical, but we know that is not the case. Some tickets see a slew of things like "@namehere Have you seen this?" or perhaps a relevant back-and-forth that is not technical in nature but more resource/schedule management.
My devs are asking for a way to set aside a "technical comment" space where they can easily glance and only see technical information (DB names or specs or lib references, etc etc).
I hesitated in even asking because it feels like it would be adding "one more place" to go look for information within a ticket. And undoubtedly someone will place info in the wrong "comment" section.... but that's how Service Desk operates (internal vs share-with-cust) and it does just fine.
I'd appreciate any insight any of you can provide.
PS: I've volleyed the idea of "why don't you update the description?" but that comes with its own concerns.