We have recently migrated from Pivotal Tracker, and I am wondering how I can fine time the capacity of the team/individuals to ensure more accurate projections.
In jira-agile you can make use of the velocity charts which tracks how much your teams delivered on the sprint commitments. Say, you have 5 developers and in two weeks , you achieved 30 story points out of 50. Then you know your teams velocity is 60% and you can apply this number to future sprints.
You will however need to go through a few sprints to get to a point where you can use the data to make more accurate predictions.
Hope this helps.
Pilar
Thanks for your reply Pilar,
Not sure I understand what you mean by:
and you can apply this number to future sprints
after it has been "applied", will all projections be recalculated?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.