So, I have a project I've been working on for years with a distributed group of enthusiasts on a particular topic and we're really getting our act together to co-author a book. We were doing everything in Slack, but recently I convinced us all to add Confluence to our toolset, since I've been using it in multiple enterprises over the past decade. So, I started up a small team instance, and... I'm confused.
First off, I wasn't asked to provide any payment information, and I thought that there was some sort of small team version for $10/mo. Did I begin some kind of trial and will have to pay later, or... ? How much data, in terms of file uploads, can we potentially store?
Secondly, the editing options are wildly different from what I'm used to at work. I'm mostly baffled by the loss of table editing options in the edit toolbar (though the in-table editing options are kinda cool once you figure out what they are), and where the heck is indent / outdent??
I urged my colleagues, most of whom have never used Confluence, to jump aboard, but as a 10-year user, I'm finding myself confronted by an unexpected and annoying learning curve.
Any insight into the differences, why they exist, how to find things I'm missing (if available at all), and the very nature of the Confluence instance I started (is it... free?? what are its limits?) would be greatly appreciated.