I want to change some issues that I've already created to Epics, but when editing the issues, I do not see the Epic in the Issue Type pulldown (attached pic).
I do see Epic in Issue Type pulldown when I create a new Issue.
Please advise.
Hi Andrew,
Can you check the Epic of issue type was associate with any Screen Scheme?
As well as John's point that Epic must be valid for the project...
If the field, screen or workflow settings for Epic are radically different to the current issue-type, then you can't simplt "edit" the issue type.
You will need to use "move" (to the same project), as that will go through the required validation and will ask the necessary questions to make sure your data is updated for the new issue-type.
I think I've associated Epic with a Screen Scheme - Default Screen Scheme - as shown in screenshot 1. In screenshot 2, the Default Screen Scheme is associated with the Project (Inkiru Predictive Intelligence Platform, other project have been edited out of the screenshot for confidentiality) that the Epic is in. I've logged out and back in and I still do not see Epic as a selection when Editing an existing issue. Any other places I should check?
SCREENSHOT 1
SCREENSHOT 2
Weird thing is that I was able to reclassify existing Issues to Epic only a week ago. The only change I made between last week and yesterday was a workflow change to allow people to Edit/Reopen Closed issues which was suggested by John in another question (https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/120027/epic-permission-problem-in-greenhopper). I would assume that this workflow change doesn't have anything to do with Issues that aren't in closed state.
In that workflow change did you drop/add any status?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.