I want to change the name of the project type below my project's name.
For example from 'Service desk project' to 'Support project'.
Can this be done?
Thanks in advance
Hello,
You can not change a project type name.
The project types are defined by the system, and refer to very specific things in Jira and its applications. They're not just fields with words aimed at the humans.
You can change it, but it involves "translating" the language that's built into the system. This is not recommended as when you've got a problem and ask support, or you get new users who know Jira already, you've shifted away from standard Jira terms, and you're going to get asked "What do you mean by Support Project?" and "I want a Service Desk project, I thought you had Service Desk, where are they?"
Thanks for the quick response Alexey, much appreciated!
Thanks Nic
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.