I have locally reduced the size of my repository to less than 500MB. However, the size shown in Bitbucket is still 2.2G. Could you please run gc to bring it down?
Best regards,
Hi gkamendje,
I have executed a gc which has reduced the size down from 2.2GB to 1.1GB.
To reduce the size further - I would suggest making use of the BFG tool to delete any large binary files present in your repository (or convert them to GIT LFS storage) - here's a command you can use to list these files:
git rev-list --objects --all \| git cat-file --batch-check='%(objecttype) %(objectname) %(objectsize) %(rest)' \| awk '/^blob/ {print substr($0,6)}' \| sort -r --numeric-sort --key=2 \| numfmt --field=2 --to=iec-i --suffix=B --padding=7 --round=nearest
Cheers!
- Ben (Bitbucket Cloud Support)
Hi Ben,
Thanks for your answers and suggestions. I would like to understand a couple of things.
1) When I clone my repo with the mirror option, it is only 354M why is it showing up as 1.1G in Bitbucket?
2) Assuming that I use BFG to remove large files, how do I make sure that the size I see locally matches the size that will be reported by Bitbucket once I push the changes back into bitbucket?
Regards,
G
Hi @gkamendje
As part of our changes to improve speeds when displaying PR diffs - any large files that were present in PR's within your repository, get stored on the server-side. This is the most common reason why there is a difference:
Hi @Ben
I just used BFG to trim down locally to 136M however, when I push back in Bitbucket the size is now bumped to 1.5G. Could it be that another GC is required on your side?
Thanks
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.