Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The "Atlassian starter kit" for orgs that do not use a proj. mgmt app?

Liz Tanner January 28, 2024

I am an L&D consultant that provides internal and customer-centric technical training solutions for businesses in various industries. I create and facilitate training products over software/SaaS, cloud networks/features, and apps in corporate groups' day-to-day duties. My audience is widely remote nontechnical individuals in small businesses that do not always have project management software or even project managers. I use Atlassian products with these projects and, inevitably, my customers see my setup and ask me many questions about these PM tools--mainly Confluence and Trello (the two I primarily use).

Which app and what task(s) would you advise small nontechnical groups try out for a low-tech, low-stress introduction to Confluence and/or Trello?

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Answer accepted
Linh Pham_Ricksoft_Inc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2024

Hi @Liz Tanner and welcome to the Atlassian community!

I'm a strong advocate for Confluence as a lightweight project management tool! 

While the decision on which tool and how to implement them depends largely on the business requirements (i.e. team size, complexity, internal vs external collaboration...), I can recommend you start with native Confluence, using its basic project management features.

Some resources for your reference:

https://www.atlassian.com/blog/confluence/three-ways-confluence-makes-project-management-easy 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-articles/Tutorial-A-Z-guide-to-project-management-using-Confluence/ba-p/2585286 

If you're looking to extend Confluence with project management apps, please consider using Gantt Chart Planner for Confluence. This is an app that my team developed, it's a comprehensive tool for task scheduling, visualizing dependencies, managing resources and more (similar to MS Project). So if you work with teams using MS Project, this app can accommodate well! 

I'm happy to discuss more if you have any questions :D 

Cheers,

Linh

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events