Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JWM use cases

Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2023

So one of the key processes that I have found useful for Finance teams to use Jira Work Management for is the end of month process.

As you know JWM can be utilized for many different business use cases.

In my works we have also found that off-boarding items in a shared JWM project can also be useful to track for outlying systems. These systems could be ones that are not connected to SCIM. So you can create automated items that allow transparency to admins to remove users from outlying systems.

These are a few of the use cases that I have used it for. Let me know what you use it for and if you have any cool new use cases that I might not of touched on.

Lets collaborat!

2 comments

Comment

Emilee
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
June 29, 2023

Hey @Aaron Geister Thanks for sharing how you use JWM for finance teams. This is a use case that I don't see very often so I'm curious about what other tools you have in your arsenal that you connect with JWM. 

Automating off-boarding is definitely a great example of using the tools to simplify processes and improve transparency. Are there any other ways that your finance teams also use JWM or any of the WM products?

Like John Funk likes this
Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2023

Hey @Emilee 

Thanks for the reply. So in the past I have connected JWM to other finance tools with automation for EOM processes. Typically this does take some extra work or tools but it really helps teams centralize the process in Jira. Some of the other tools I have used to help connect the dots with the software tools are Quickbooks, ERP's, xero, wave accounting. This usually bring about the challenge of an IPaas tool like Bettercloud, Zapier or some equivalent.

The automated off-boarding is always a plus for teams and it can be done so many ways. One of the things that I like and endure is to keep process in Jira. So using Jira for this process with JSM in combination with JWM is always helpful.

JWM has opened a lot of doors for business teams and has lots of great use case. I have also used JWM for many other use cases which I will bullet point for you.

• Daily Finance task tracking
  • Marketing campaign management
  • IT licensing tracking (When companies are not using assets)
  • QBR tracking
  • User access reviews
  • Minor risk management (When not using JPD)
  • Finance budgeting
  • IT procurement

This is to just list a few. One of the other use cases I have wanted to try is to use JWM marketing teams to track work and request with use of forms. This would help with licensing cost for JSM for many businesses.

I hope this was insightful and wish other to jump in and show us your use cases as a community.
Like Emilee likes this
Emilee
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
June 30, 2023

Thanks @Aaron Geister   for the additional insight into how you use JWM with your other tools in Finance. Looks like you are able to do a lot to control the processes within Jira and I wonder if the JWM team would be interested in your use case. 

For your marketing use case that you want to try out with forms, that's something I can speak to. Our team uses forms to have other teams create requests that gives us the basic information we need to follow up later without disrupting the flow of work. I think it's helpful to train people to submit requests via forms rather than asking lots of questions via slack and throwing off whatever we're doing in the moment. Plus it allows us to assign the best person on the team to follow up later and not just the person that was "top of mind". 

That should definitely help with some of the licensing costs for JSM as not everyone needs such advanced forms. I can't speak to what your teams may need but the JWM forms covers enough for our use case with internal requests. Teams can also add the form url as a bookmark in relevant slack channels where requests otherwise would be made so that it's easy for people to find.  

Hope that's helpful!

Like Aaron Geister likes this
Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 3, 2023

@EmileeI think those are great tips for using JWM. I have used the forms in similar fashion and think it really helps with teams that don't need JSM.

Thanks for the information again.

Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 30, 2023

@John Funk  I have seen and followed your work in the community and as an admin and would love to see and engage with you on your use cases. I am sure the community would benefit from your guidance.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 2, 2023

Hey @Aaron Geister  - Thank you for the kind words. Did you something in particular in mind? 

Like Aaron Geister likes this
Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 3, 2023

@John FunkI was just thinking if you could throw some insight on some use cases you have use JWM for in your work to share with the community.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events