Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding Balance as an Atlassian Intern

Kaeli Nguyen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2023

The Real Talk

If I could wish for one thing, it would be to have more time. As a student, it's like we're trying to cram 48 hours of activities into a mere 24. Classes, homework, club meetings, social life (yes, please) — plus, can’t forget about sleeping and eating. It's easy to feel like you're constantly sprinting from one thing to the next with hardly a moment to breathe. Now as a PMM intern this summer at Atlassian, I’m transitioning my time management skills into the professional workplace.

The Game Plan

So, what's a busy person to do? Get strategic about time management! It's all about planning out tasks, making a priority list, and (the hard part) sticking to it.

This summer was my first time ever using Atlassian’s products and I've found that tools like Confluence and Trello can seriously help keep everything straight. I wish I knew about it sooner to help with school organization. From my project plan, deliverables, deadlines, and schedule — it's all there, and it's all organized.

My Experience

I love Trello. And here’s how I use it as a Product Marketing intern:

I have one central board to keep track of my internship project deliverables, my team, and my personal life. These are all separated by lists and I also have a separate To-Do list to keep track of what needs to get done first. In these lists, I add cards for every Confluence page or other Trello board related to that section for easy access and organization. And the ability to customize my board to my preferred aesthetic is a huge plus!

Your Turn

So that's my take. But what about you guys? How do you juggle all the things you need to do? Any favorite features in Atlassian tools that help you keep your life from turning into a 24/7 work-fest? Drop your tips and tricks below and let's help each other make the most of our crazy schedules.

Here’s to a great weekend and to the upcoming week where we feel like we're in control of our time, not the other way around! 🙌

giphy

1 comment

Comment

Rachel McDonald July 11, 2023

Trello is definitely my go-to for keeping all of my lists together.

My boss put me onto a project where I needed to research different reporting apps, so we could figure out which would be the best for us to use. So I made a board!

I had a column with a card for each of the apps I investigated. Had another column for those apps I thought had the best potential. Had another column to track which apps we're downloading a free trial of. Etc etc etc!

As the process continued, I just kept moving the cards into new columns, to track everything. I could easily look at my board and see who made "the cut" and who didn't. I didn't have to rummage around to find that information. Total game changer.

And there are so many templates for all sorts of things! It is so nice to not have to start from stratch when creating a new board.

I love Trello boards. I've even started using Trello to keep my personal life organized. LOL

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events