Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian and Google, a match made in heaven?

Collista Lewingdon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2023

What I love most about using Google and Jira/Confluence together is that ability to change the way that the google docs that I am linking show up in the projects within Jira and the Spaces within Confluence. I really LOVE the embed option which allows the whole google document to be visible within either system and even better, you can literally start editing the document wherever you are, you don't have to go to google to edit it. And the embedding of the document allows for collaborative editing, which of course means, anyone who is clicked into the document can be editing it all at the same time! I was so exited that I went out of my way to share this feature in my monthly Atlassian Newsletter with my department. Took up half the space but well worth it. 

4 comments

Comment

Mary Agueros July 11, 2023

Totally agree with Collista. The integration of Jira and Google is seamless. I have used both the embed Goggle feature mention by Collista and the publish from Google feature. 

Like # people like this
Randy O_Neal
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2023

This is good to hear... I am constantly amazed at how the integrations flow so seamlessly in and out of Confluence!

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2023

Great advice @Collista Lewingdon! I didn't realize it works this way! 

Like # people like this
Rachel McDonald July 13, 2023

Don't you just love it when a single post can turn your whole world upside down? LOL

I've always linked to Google documents from within Confluence and never explored any of the other options.

But you can EMBED Google documents into Confluence documents! HOLY COW! 

@Collista Lewingdon you just blew my mind! I've already shared this genius nugget with a teammate. Thank you for this post!

embed.png

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events