Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Throwback Thursday: Your first concert and your summer concerts? #TBT

It's Thursday!
giphy
It's summer and my brain is starting to get fried :=) so I am going to reach out and do a double post / topic. I wrote this post 3 years ago and asked what was the first concert you ever went to. Mine was in 1987 to listen to Madness and Fine Young Cannibals (FYC).
zfyc.jpg
Man, going down this memory lane makes me wanna listen to FYC again! 
Sooooo, what was the first concert you ever went to? And are you planning on attending any summer concerts this year?
Let’s make it a great Thursday!
KGM

30 comments

Comment

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2024

It was The Commodores for me - we'll just say late 70's. No plans for a concert this year. 

Commodores.jpg

Like # people like this
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2024

Apart from local artists, my first internationally known concert was Ben Harper in 1995 in Istanbul. I have no plans for a concert, and I probably won't have any due to my ear problem. Unfortunately, I can't tolerate noise because of my ear's pressure issues :( .

benharper.jpg

Like # people like this
Stephen_Lugton
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 13, 2024

I'm pretty certain it was T'Pau (which my girlfriend wanted to go to) or Bon Jovi (which I wanted to go to), both were in London in 1995 and I don't remember which was first.

I'm not planning on attending any concerts this summer.

Like # people like this
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 13, 2024

Never had a chance to attend a concert.

Like # people like this
Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2024

I think it was 1978 and my mom actually drove the 4 older of us (aged 12, 13, 14, and 15) from Rochester, NY to Buffalo to all of our first concert—The Bee Gees. My older brother was a huge fan, which meant everyone in the house was familiar with their music (I'm partial to the early years, myself).

This summer, I'm considering going to see Train and REO Speedwagon at the state fairgrounds in Tampa, FL. It's only about an hour away, but there's always the possibility of a hurricane to cancel the show (or at least my lawn seats)…

Like # people like this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2024

I would have went to see Petra in the late 80s for my first concert. I'm planning on seeing Styx and Sabaton this year.  If Petra gets close, I'll add them in as well.

"Petra - Beat the System Tour Shirt" Sticker for Sale by CoryO | Redbubble

Like # people like this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 13, 2024

"She Drives Me Crazy"....

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 13, 2024

Hahaha, @Dan Breyen I had "She drives me crazy" as a ring tone for the longest time but not for the last 2-3 years. The other day my wife asks me, was that ring tone only for when I called you or...?

Well, it was the ring tone for everyone so I am still married :)

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 13, 2024

Sorry to hear about your ear problems, @Tuncay Senturk  I have the onset/start of tinnitus myself :(

Like # people like this
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 13, 2024

@Kristján Geir Mathiesen thank you! I'm sorry to hear that you have the start of tinnitus. I have tinnitus problem as well, which is very, very disturbing. The doctors say, 'you've got to cope with that.' Anyway, this thread is for fun, and I don't want to turn it into a hospital ward :)

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 13, 2024

I loved seeing concerts as a teenager. I can't remember my first, but I've been to many! Now, I love being able to take my teenager to concerts. We'll definitely head to Summerfest for a few shows!

image.png

Like # people like this
Summer Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 13, 2024

Great throwback question @Kristján Geir Mathiesen! If I remember correctly (please don't laugh at me) my first concert was New Kids on he Block in Las Vegas, but I've been to so many I could be mis-remembering.

I typically have my concerts all planned out by March/April so this is what the rest of the year has in store for my boyfriend and I. As you can see, we have a wide range of music we like. The Korn concert is for my niece. It will be her first concert! 

• Tesla with special guest Kurt Deimer
  • Limp Bizkit
  • Def Leppard with Journey and Steve Miller Band
  • Green Day The Saviors Tour
  • Korn with Gojira and Spritbox
  • Imagine Dragons - LOOM World Tour
  • WASP 
Like # people like this
Summer Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 13, 2024

That's a great lineup @Amanda Barber I'm jealous! 

Like # people like this
Sherilyn Tasker June 13, 2024

Genesis 1986, Invisible Touch tour. Back then the local radio station would run a bus up to the gig (8 hr journey) and you stayed overnight with all your gig mates. Hardly anyone toured to New Zealand in those days so it was a big deal !

Like # people like this
Mark Higgins
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 13, 2024

Like John, it was the late 70's when a host of local Aussie bands would come play at the local RSL. The Radiators, The Divinyls, Mi-Sex, just to name a few.

The first major concert, was Dire Straits. I've still got their orignal vinyl albums. Dire straits.jpg

Like # people like this
Vronik
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 13, 2024

my first concert was Ricky Martin, hahahahaha
And as for the summer, I just came back from the concert of a K-pop group that my daughter loves called IVE and it was honestly great

Times change, tastes change and when you have a child at home, you also have to share their tastes with them.

IVE.jpg

Like # people like this
Laurie Sciutti
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 14, 2024

I want to say my first was either Van Halen or Metallica but I went to so many they are all blending together.  Saw Chevelle a few weeks ago and going to see one of my favorites, Kings of Leon, in August. 

Like # people like this
Teodora V _Fun Inc_
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 14, 2024

My first big concert experience was with Deep Purple when they first came to Bulgaria (in one of our seaside cities). It was such a memorable event, especially because it was my first time being surrounded by tens of thousands of people (gosh, such a nightmare!). I definitely lacked the courage of today's 17-year-olds.

I haven't been to a concert for the past 5-6 years, and this summer is the first I am actually committing to several things, starting with Hills of Rock 24 here in BG featuring artists like Korn, Bring Me the Horizon, Suicidal Tendencies, Pain and much more.

I have my most loved band, Apocalyptica, coming in November, so I am already prepared, and I will accompany a friend of mine to a pop concert in Antwerp beginning of August (while trying to survive the atypical rhythm :D)

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 14, 2024

Thanks for your fun memories!

TBT Happy Friday yall.jpg

Like # people like this
Shawn Doyle - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 14, 2024

Even tho this is a clear example of social engineering https://usa.kaspersky.com/resource-center/definitions/what-is-social-engineering 

My first concert was on 01-06-85 Aerosmith

I might see Styx this summer, but I am not really committed to it.

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 15, 2024

@Kristján Geir Mathiesen sometimes it's worth revisiting some topics.

I'm goign to give a different answer from last time.  If I "really" think about it, the first concert I attended was when a was 3 or 4 and my Mom & my Aunt took my cousin and I to see Sharon, Lois & Bram a Canadian children's music group.

SharonLoisBram.jpg

Like # people like this
Jacqueline Eichberger June 17, 2024

I've always been a fan of musicals. My first experience with a musical was The Rocky Horror Picture Show. 

Like # people like this
vikram
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2024

I think it was in my 8 years where I attended my first concert.

This summer I had attended my daughter concert, 

Vikram P 

Like # people like this
Juan Carlos Pin June 20, 2024

Hi All!

Mine was

LINKIN PARK! 

giphy

What a cool concert and part of my life.

PS I love these guys.

giphy

Like # people like this
Liz Tanner June 27, 2024

First concert was Summerfest 1999, Oklahoma City. Mom vanned my friends and I to the Friday show. In a lineup concocted in a fever dream, we saw Bewitched, 98 Degrees, Monifah, Sixpence None the Richer, Sugarhill Gang, and Joey McEntire as I'm sure you predicted.

Summer concerts I am hitting up:

-July 11th: Missy Elliott, Ciara, Timbaland, Busta Rhymes

-July 24th: Lilyisthatyou and Stela Cole 

-August 10th: Alanis Morisette, Joan Jett

Pink is Sept. 15. Very stoked for the jams this summer!

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events