Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Throwback Thursday: What thing really takes you to the past? #TBT

31 comments

Comment

Łukasz Modzelewski _Lumo_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 27, 2023

That's a great question!

For me, smell is the strongest trigger of memories. A combination of scents at the right temperature can evoke some fleeting moments. Recently, a new fabric softener took me back 15 years, straight to my Erasmus time in Greece!

Taste is also powerful, but in a different way. It can trigger memories about when and where I first tried that thing.

And of course, music can also bring back the emotions and feelings from the past.

Like this song https://youtu.be/68ugkg9RePc
and first school parties (and other from 90's Winamp playlists) ;)

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2023

@Kristján Geir Mathiesen - it's near the top left of this photo I took a few weeks ago when someone else asked about my zoom background.  Amazingly, it still works when I put a battery in it!

caclulator.jpeg

Like # people like this
Prabhu Palanisamy _Onward_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 30, 2023

Parle-G biscuits :)

Like # people like this
Sayed Bares _ServiceRocket_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2023

A very good TBT discussion! 

Mine is songs, when I hear them all past memories come back. Sometimes, it feels like they are records of our past and with each chorus a part of our memories will be played in our mind.

Like # people like this
Utkarsh Singh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 7, 2023

Old photos!! :) 

Like Dan Breyen likes this
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2023

For me, it's mainly classical music. Keeps reminding me of how I used to go for music classes :)

Like Dan Breyen likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events