Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Throwback Thursday: What silly/weird/strange habits do you have? #TBT

It's Thursday!
giphy
Christmas is over, all the decorations have been put away and normal decor has been put up again. Over consumption of chocolates, candy, cakes, and all the good stuff is over. I am really looking forward to this new year.
giphy
You see, I have this habit of hiding candy when we have excess of it. But I often forget that I have hidden it as time goes by. So a few weeks or months pass and someone reaches for a board game we don't play often, there is sometimes a few pieces of chocolate there🙂 Or I dig deep into our basket of grocery bags and find a bag of candy at the bottom of it 🙂
zcandy.jpg
So, what strange habits do you have?
Let’s make it a great Thursday!
KGM

32 comments

Comment

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2024

Not sure how strange this is, but I tend to eat my food one thing at a time. I start with the thing on the plate that I like the least and work my way to the final thing which is the item I like best. Granted sometimes I have to have a few bites of each to determine which is the better items.  :-)

Like • # people like this
Hind Kadiri From Jaanga
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 18, 2024

Hey @Kristján Geir Mathiesen ! Sounds like when my mom used to hide candies from me when I was little XD

Fortunately, I don't have any strange habits discovered yet (They're probably here but still need to acknowledge them), but when I read your case, I thought maybe I can share a piece of advice: What if you created a special place, a 'Candy Cache,' where you put your hidden goodies?

That way, you won't forget to check the cache from time to time, and no more surprising discoveries in unexpected places!

Sam Nadarajan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2024

@John Funk I do the same thing too with my food!!

Whenever I eat a PB&J sandwich, I always eat the crust off first so I can enjoy the soft, gooey parts of the middle. Problem is that the peanut butter and jelly ooze out the sides (or maybe that's not a problem?).

I also cannot fall asleep unless I am wearing thick wool socks - it doesn't matter how hot or cold it is outside but you take away my socks I ain't getting any sleep. I thought that was normal but at my work I'm an anomaly (no one wears socks to bed apparently).

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 18, 2024

@Sam Nadarajan  - I eat my sandwiches the same way!  haha

Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2024

HAHA.  @John Funk and @Sam Nadarajan ~ are you two related?? 😆

So I have this really strange habit of counting the number of actors I can name in a movie I'm watching.  No idea why or where I picked this up (it's SO WEIRD!! 🙃) but it's an unconscious act at this point.  It's typically 8 or so, if anyone is interested.  🙄

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 18, 2024

@John Funk  and @Sam Nadarajan  you must be long lost brothers! Funny, thanks for sharing.

@Laurie Sciutti that is a fun habbit. Yeah, wonder where or why you picked that up.

Good idea @Hind Kadiri From Jaanga 

Sam Nadarajan
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 18, 2024

@Laurie Sciutti I'm going to invite you to our next movie night b/c my wife and I always see these actors/actresses in movies/TV Shows and we cannot figure out where we have seen them!

Angi Bowman January 18, 2024

If I eat something sweet, I have to eat something salty next. BUT if I eat too many of the salty something, then it's time for one more bite of sweet. It drives my family crazy! 

Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 18, 2024

@Sam Nadarajan and @John Funk I do both of those things, too! Type A folks unite!

tsmith January 18, 2024

@Sam Nadarajan I love a pair of fuzzy bed socks, but only in cold weather! I have designated socks specifically for this purpose, so the dust and carpet fuzz of the day doesn't get into bed with me. :)

@Angi Bowman same! You have to have sweet and salty balance. It's as important as work/life balance.

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 18, 2024

Great prompt @Kristján Geir Mathiesen!

First, I'm joining the @John Funk @Sam Nadarajan @Amanda Barber band wagon on eating order ;)

As for one of my own, when I "snuggle up" on the couch to watch a movie, most of the time I sit cross legged and throw a blanket over myself.

Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 18, 2024

Naturally moving my ears without touching them when I'm stressed. Something like Alf:-

move_ear.gif

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 18, 2024

Okay, somebody needs to stress @Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_  so I can see this!

Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2024

This is very clickbaity TBT 😆 I love all the answers!

The only weird (and bad) habit I can think of is bitting my lips or the collar of t-shirt or jumper while working 🙈 I would really rather not do it though 😳

Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2024

If we rent lodging, I'm always extra nervous that we forgot something.  I have a tendency to go back and check each room 2-3 times just to make sure.  I started having to close doors on rooms to tell me I've been through them.

Maybe it was because I left my winter boots in a room over 30 years ago in the middle of winter. :)

Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 19, 2024

When I was a kid, my mom gave us a snack before bedtime every day. When I went to college, where snacks were not readily available (more than 40 years ago), I realized that I couldn't fall asleep unless I had a snack. I had to start grabbing a snack for later at dinnertime. To this day, if I am having trouble falling asleep, I eat something to see if that solves the problem.

Sam Nadarajan
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2024

@Barbara Szczesniak that's very interesting! Now I'm wondering what habits I'm forming with my daughter that will persist later on in life...hmmmm

Raymond Muyuka January 20, 2024

I always ways save the best part of the meal to be eaten last. 

vikram
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2024

@Kristján Geir Mathiesen 

I am having the same habit of hidding chocolates, this time one new year I hidded 5 packets of chocolates and forgot where I kept and now by this TBT I am searching my chocolates. 

Thanks for the Thread. 

Vikram P

Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2024

I wonder if we are all focusing on food habits because @Kristján Geir Mathiesen started with a habit related to food? ðŸ™‚ 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2024

Probably so @Barbara Szczesniak  - but feel free to add other weird habits that you have. I GUARANTEE @Kristján Geir Mathiesen has more weird stuff he could share.  :-)    Maybe this could be a lightning talk for him at the Community area during Team 24!

Sean Chua _Adaptavist_ January 23, 2024

Reading a ton of random things which sometimes is not related to anything I do or like or enjoy....?
Just. Random. Reads.

Heh..

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2024

Hahaha, @John Funk  yes I have a TON! :) I am a clean freak and put stuff away quickly. Sometimes I am working on something with my tools and I put them away BEFORE the task is completed, just so I can get them back. Suck a weird nut...

Thanks everyone for sharing. Fun to read. We as humans are all a bit strange and weird in our own kind of way. That is what makes us human :=)  Lots of love and hugs to everyone. Have a fantastic Tuesday!

giphy

Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2024

Is nose-picking also categorized as a strange habit? I don't do it so just a doubt. :p

image_2024-01-24_191716383.png

Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2024

Great topic @Kristján Geir Mathiesen and this time I am glad I came to this post late as it was fun reading all the comments. I also have a sweet tooth, but my weird habit is being so organized. I can't stand messy so everything in my house is spit spot and clean all the time Sometimes I clean things that aren't even dirty. And I have everything organized so well with containers in drawers and cabinets to hold things. I even am obsessed watching organization videos on YouTube! 

Like • Kristján Geir Mathiesen likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events