Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Throwback Thursday: Favorite hat? #TBT

It's Thursday!
giphy
In 1978, I went with my parents and sister to America for the first time. During that trip, my dad purchased this Bronco hat for me. I´m guessing this picture is taken with a year of that trip. My brother got some other hat. Trucker hats, I think they call these.

aöhats.jpg

Soooo, tell us about your favorite hat or some fun hat story :)

Let’s make it a great Thursday!
KGM

25 comments

Comment

Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro July 11, 2024

Hi @Kristján Geir Mathiesen

Thank you so much for sharing that nostalgic picture with us. I enjoyed looking at it and reminiscing. While I don't have any funny hat stories to share, I thought you both looked like famous characters straight out of a Hollywood movie—it was such a lovely image.

Have a wonderful day! 😀

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2024

I wish I had a picture to share. 

My current favorite hat is my Atlassian Community Leader 2 Year Anniversary hat. But I only wear it on special occasions - I don't want to sweat in it or ruin it's structure, so it sits in the closet more than on my head.

My favorite hat is one I received as a season ticket holder for the NY Islanders Hockey Team in 2006. I've had it for 18 years, and for the last 10 it has been my swimming hat. As I am folliclely challenged and don't have a lot of sun protection on my head, when I go swimming outdoors it remains on my head in the pool. I learned the hard way to make sure to protect my noggin when in the pool, and never want to experience that level of discomfort again in my life.

@Kristján Geir Mathiesen I am sure you can sympathize with me on this! 

Like # people like this
Ingo Volkhausen July 11, 2024

I also like hats.

Well, I do have 1 pair of shoes and unlimited hats (like my wife the other way round).

So the current 2 favorites are YAESU, wearing when connecting as amateur radio operator with the world (yes, there are still some alive ;-) and the other one when I walk the DOG. Unfortunately I do not have one when doing Atlassian stuff :-)

myHats.jpg

Like # people like this
Daria Kulikova_GitProtect_io_ July 11, 2024

I can't say that I'm a big fun of hats, I usually prefer black ones :) Though, when I was a kid it was an absolutely different story... my favourite hat was with dreads - literally it was a normal black hat and from its top there came a ponytail with dreads. My friends usually called it hat with spaghetti :) I don't remember where I got it from, but I remember well that a lot of my friend wanted to have such a hat as well :)

Unfortunately, I don't have a picture to share

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2024

I used to wear a hat a lot more than I do now. Had various favorites over the years, but almost always it is my LA Dodgers had. I have a really nice one now and it is reserved for more select times to wear like Andy was saying. And, of course, my Atlassian and Atlassian Creator hats. 

Like # people like this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2024

It's gotta be my MN Twins authentic team cap.  Yes, it's needed to be replaced a few times, but that's pretty much my go to hat/cap.  My current one needs to last a while, as they have a new logo, and I'm not looking forward to updating to it.

Now, as a kid, after Raiders of the Lost Ark was out.  I REALLY wanted a Fedora, However, without the Bullwhip and Leather Jacket, I'm sure it wouldn't have been the same, so I passed.

"Snakes... Why did it have to be snakes?..."

Have a great Thursday!

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2024

Yes @Dan Breyen , I was about 13 when that movie came out. I remember the snake scene :=)

Totally, @Andy Gladstone ! We have to protect that noggin!

Thank you, @Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro . Good to see you again!

Super nice hats, @Ingo Volkhausen !

Love the dreads hat story, @Daria Kulikova_GitProtect_io_ 

Like # people like this
Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro July 11, 2024

Hi @Kristján Geir Mathiesen

Thank you very much. I'm glad to be here as well. =)

Like # people like this
Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2024

When I was a kid, I had a Buffalo Bills knit cap with the logo on the front and a pom-pom on the top that I wore for all outdoor winter activities—sledding, ice skating, waiting for the school bus. 

Like # people like this
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 11, 2024

Not really a hat girl....not because I don't like 'em.  I have a LOT of curly hair that doesn't really welcome hats.  HAHA  Only time I can really wear hats is if I get my hair straightened.  Love your picture, @Kristján Geir Mathiesen !

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2024

My favorite hats are my Brooks Run Happy hats! I have 4 currently... 😆

PXL_20240605_224155306 (1).jpg

Like # people like this
MJ Schrader July 11, 2024

When I was a kid, I had a little bucket hat that had a leaf attached to the top that I wore all the time. I used to think this somehow made me a ranger, _i mean it had a leaf_ 

But I really love your picture and hat @Kristján Geir Mathiesen 

Like # people like this
Shawn Doyle - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2024

Hats are one of the things I collect.  I tend to cycle thru favorite hats frequently. 

I have several Atlassian hats, but I was surprised yesterday, that I am missing a Trello hat. 

I have a large collection of US Navy hats, even tho I served in the US Army, I should start looking for Army hats...

My current favorite hat is one I picked up at SEMA last year, it's for some welding supply company I hadn't heard of before, and it has a good fit and feel.

Like # people like this
Mark Higgins
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2024

Okay, so my new favourite hat, is my Rabbitohs hat, that I asked MCB to sign for me, at Teams 24 and he was more than happy too. Oldest, Proudest, Loudest .  

24-053-2014.jpgPXL_20240502_035725746 (1).jpg

Like # people like this
Vronik
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 11, 2024

My favorite hat that I still have is a mariachi ranchero hat from a trip I took to Mexico in 1980, purple in color, I have it in my house and it is a spectacle, I certainly wouldn't change it for any other

Like # people like this
Teodora V
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 12, 2024

Same as @Andy Gladstone, my favorite hat is the Atlassian Community Leader 2 Year Anniversary (straight copied from his answer). 
I am all in for winter hats, and I have so much they barely fit the drawer they live in. My mom's hobby is knitting, so I have multiple hats knitted by her, and I love them all (even when sometimes the wool makes me scratch my head like I have fleas).

IMG_4947.jpg

Like # people like this
Ncumisa Booi July 12, 2024

With my big head and afro I had no choice but to wear a hat. Growing up I ended up having a collection of hats with my name written on I wonder where my 2hats at???

Like # people like this
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 12, 2024

I love all kinds of hats... Atlassian hats (there was a blue one I wore for a good while, and the Community Leader anniversary one is amazing), baseball caps (Go, Capitals!), cloche hats (1920s style), wide brim protect-from-the-sun hats, warm winter hats.

Funny story is that I would wear my wide brim hat under the motorcycle helmet while riding around on motorcycles in Asia. It looks, well, you can imagine... But very useful to keep the strong sun (and rain sometimes) off my face!

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 12, 2024

In my late teens, I used to have a couple of hats that I would lay on the parcel shelf of my car, to show off the brands I was supporting at the time.

Currently, I have 2 hats left:

1. An all-back official Max Verstappen hat with its logo (good quality, low-key)
  2. The Atlassian Community Leader 2 Year Anniversary hat swag that completes my other Atlassian swag

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 12, 2024

I do not have a picture handy but I have a hat I have been wearing fishing and in the outdoors for close to two decades. It has been on miles and miles of backpacking trips. Has been on tons of rafting trips, even more fishing trips. It is my go to outdoor hat. It will be a sad day if I every loose it or it breaks down.  

Like # people like this
vikram
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 14, 2024

Thanks for making us remembering those childhood days where we used to play with hats, 

we loved to wear different hats like 

Police hat 

James bond Hat

Villan Hat etc.., while playing. 

Vikram P

Like # people like this
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 15, 2024

I kind of like sports caps. I can rarely find people using hats like the fedora hat here in Malaysia.

Like # people like this
Bibek Behera
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 18, 2024

Best thing about every Thursday? 

Planning for the Friday :) 

Like # people like this
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 23, 2024

Something like this:-

funny_cap.png

Like # people like this
Stephen_Lugton
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2024

My favourite hat is my baseball cap from Prostate Cancer UK's March for Men:

20240724_131455.jpg

Followed by my other Prostate Cancer UK baseball cap:

Baseball cap

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events