Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are some productivity hacks you use?

Jeff Gibson April 8, 2024

I'm a big fan of tools or techniques to say productive. What are some of your favorites?

I'll share one of mine, if something takes less than 5 minutes, just so it immediately.

Even if it's not high priority I find that just doing it is faster than planning to do it in the future.

7 comments

Comment

Shawn Doyle - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2024

If I forget to do something more than once, I add it to my Trello board.  That way it shames me till I do it.

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2024

@Jeff Gibson welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I've always had trouble with that articular hack - my day would just end up being a series of disjointed five minute tasks rather than focused on deep work.

Here's two of my productivity hacks:

1. No meeting Fridays

2. Keep a neat and a dirty notebook - the dirty one is where you put EVERYTHING - never afraid to mess up the order. The neat one is where you copy over all of the important information and details. When? On Fridays!

Like # people like this
Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 8, 2024

My hack is simply to have too much to do, so you cannot afford to not be productive ;)

certainly isn't sustainable for long periods of time, but I much prefer busy times over not so busy ones.

Like # people like this
Jeff Gibson April 9, 2024

I'm a multiple time founder and I agree. The less important stuff falls off your plate as it should. 

As a bonus when you grow a team you already have a backlog of things to hand off.

Like Barbara Szczesniak likes this
Alex G April 9, 2024

I write what I need to do and also take small breaks when I can. I work for 30 minutes straight, then relax or stretch for 5, and then another 30 minutes. It helps me focus.

Like # people like this
Josh Shepherd
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2024

Trello lists: Brain dump, sort and organize, prioritize, and suddenly you have a more manageable problem. :) 

Also an app called MeetingBar which puts your agenda at the top menu.. you can join your meetings from there and see whats up at a glance. Love it. :) 

Leslie Barrett April 9, 2024

When I get a new project enhancement request from a user (via our backlog) I make sure to review and groom it within 24hrs. By adding a parent and component as part of the grooming, I've started organizing the next release and prevented having to reread through the issues over and over again.

Stephen_Lugton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2024

One of mine is kind of the opposite to @Jeff Gibson, set aside time where you won't pick up other tasks, and then have an hour set aside later for the small things that come in; if you don't need the full hour then carry on your normal work.

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events