Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The "2K-to-$20K Ukrainian Initiative", involving our Community Members

Finding ways to help those in needs

ACE GroupArgentina.png

Atlassian Community, we have employees in both countries, Ukraine and Russia, in our company. We also have team members in Poland helping with housing, transportation, and other needs. So, here at Appfire, we were thinking about how we could assist from a distance, and we launched this initiative, but we don't want to do it alone. We want to include our Community Leaders and members to generate more awareness. So I hope you can join us and spread the word. 

In essence, there is no extra effort, just one email after the event with the following information:

1. Link to the Atlassian Community Event
  2. Numbers of attendees
  3. The organization selected as a recipient of the donation

Here is the published initiative. Feel free to provide feedback on how we can improve it.

Atlassian Community members. Call to action - you are invited.

In addition to other company initiatives to support our team and the people from Ukraine, we are launching "The 2K-to-$20K Ukraine initiative".

Appfire will donate to one of four selected organizations $10 US Dollars for each attendee to any worldwide Atlassian Community Event (Virtual or in Person) executed during March and April up to a maximum of $20,000.

The donation will be on the group’s behalf. Check the Atlassian Community Events page to find the next upcoming event near you. (https://ace.atlassian.com/)

How to join us

Community Leader: This is optional, and you don't need to mention our company or products. Just send me an email after completing the event with: the event page, the number of attendees, and the organization selected. Then, we will proceed with the donation on your group's behalf and submit a copy of the receipt.

Community Members: Check your local events page and attend any event during March and April. Your presence will trigger the donation on your group behalf. Please check with the Community leader and vote for one of the four selected organizations.

Ecosystem Partners: contact me if you want to join us in this initiative and increase the donation per attendee.

Organizations selected are:
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) - providing humanitarian aid including food and other forms of support to people who had to leave their homes. They have been active in helping people in need for the last 30 years (https://www.pah.org.pl/en/)

Sunflower of Peace: Their mission is to mobilize support and aid for orphans, internally displaced persons and those most affected by the current situation by providing medical assistance, educational opportunities and basic necessities. (https://lnkd.in/gx-hJPqF)

International Rescue Committee (IRC)- As civilians seek safety, the IRC is preparing to rush critical aid to displaced families. The IRC responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. (https://www.rescue.org/)

Revived Soldiers Ukraine: This organization is looking for hospitals and doctors in the US and bring Ukrainian wounded soldiers for much needed medical treatment and rehabilitation that is unavailable in Ukraine. (https://www.rsukraine.org/)

#service #help #teamhelpingpeople #behuman #atlassiancommunity #ACE #atlassianevent

Thanks for helping us with this initiative. I will add on the comments section some of the Atlassian Local Communities that are joining us. Attending to an Atlassian Community Event has an additional meaning now. We are including in-person and virtual events as well as other related events.

daniel-mingook-kim-LowRes.png
Photo by Daniel Mingook Kim on Unsplash

1 comment

Comment

Fabian A. Lopez (Community Leader - Argentina, Florida, California)
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2022

Update on 2K to $20K Initiative for Ukraine

Hi everyone,

The impacts of the Ukraine war are changing rapidly, and based on feedback we received from our team in Poland and Ukraine and this community over the last 24 hours, we’re making a few changes to the 2K to $20K initiative I posted about yesterday. 

We understand that help is needed now, so we’ve decided to donate the $20K right away. The funds will be split evenly among the four organizations I mentioned before, and all four donations will be made on behalf of the Atlassian Community. I received positive feedback from several ACE leaders and partners yesterday and today who have started planning new events this month and next, and I have no doubt that we’ll have more than 2,000 worldwide attendees at these community events.

I started this movement to coordinate with ACE leaders and partners on activities that would help raise awareness of these vetted organizations and other ways we can all help those affected by the Ukraine war. While we are contributing to this immediate need, we are also engaged in developing mid- and long-term initiatives. I look forward to collaborating with you on additional opportunities within our local and global communities to make an impact on important causes like this throughout the year.

I recently joined Appfire to lead corporate social responsibility, and this evolving initiative is right in line with our core values. Thank you to all the Atlassian ecosystem members who have reached out to help us be human, get this right, and build the flame. I strongly believe in the heart of this community and the passion for helping others. The time spent by Community leaders organizing events to share knowledge is an actual act of service, and I am glad to be part of this fantastic group of professionals! Please brainstorm with your community members different ways to create a social impact with our activities. See you at Team '22!

Fabian

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events