Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your favorite community moments of 2023.... and clean up the ocean 🐠

100 comments

Comment

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2023

I can’t even narrow down the list right now. The sheer amount of awesomeness from Community folks I’ve met this year worldwide has been overwhelming.

Like # people like this
Teodora V
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2023

The more time I spent on the Community, the more value I see spreading beyond its borders. Like everyone here, I loved causes like Likes for Trees and Ocean Devotion, and I admired the fantastic work leaders put in charity events like Enterprise Dam or charity live streams like the one @Jimmy Seddon does.

It's a weird thing to mention, but my favorite Community moment was when I almost lost my leadership status a few months ago. I realized I am overworked, burned out, tired, and have no joy in my days. I was ready to give up and admit I could no longer contribute in a meaningful and positive way.

Thanks to friends like @Fun Man Andy @Jimmy Seddon @Andy Gladstone @Sajit Nair and their continuous examples of passion and progress, I was able to put myself together mentally and get back to my old self.

Hope 2024 will be another year to remember and share with this lovely bunch.

Like # people like this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2023

Certainly a Top Highlight for me was helping to answer questions for Community Users!

Like # people like this
Net Rushford
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2023

Going to ACE events in St. Louis, especially the AUG in Aug event @Tom Crespi organized! Meeting other partners, Atlassians, and champions of our products in person makes our work human, and it reminds me how important community is for our teams to thrive! ❤️ 🎉

Like # people like this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2023

I like this prompt!

My favorite "moment" for the last few months is when I noticed how many new community members were pitching in to answer questions, provide support, and being vulnerable to share their experiences, angst, and ideas.  Even when it was just a "yes, and..." to another thread, it helped me learn and I feel added value to the community.  Thank you!

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 13, 2023

@Teodora V - good call! I suffered a loss in my family, and wasn’t able to contribute at my usual level. When I told the Community team, they gave me some slack AND sent me a “condolences” gift. 🙏 

Like # people like this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 14, 2023

After my daughter was born in June 2022, my world changed completely and I’m just happy I’m still able to be part of this wonderful group of great people and contribute somehow.

Like # people like this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 14, 2023

I certainly would agree with @Jimmy Seddon  when we all came together and literally liked each other as we tagged post after post to hit a goal to get what was it, 100000 page likes?

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
December 14, 2023

@Dan Breyen it was 30,000 and I love that we timed it just right to get all the likes by the end of the month. Watching the number count down was super fun! 

🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳

Like # people like this
Rachel McDonald December 14, 2023

The best community moment was Team '23! It was my first Team and it exceeded every expectation! I can't wait for Team '24!

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
December 14, 2023

310 pounds of plastic removed! 

For inspiration, here is a video from The Ocean Cleanup, one of the organizations we are supporting with this initiative!
Like # people like this
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 14, 2023

@Monique vdB Thanks for starting this thread. Interesting to read and share moments.

I think my favourite 2023 community moment was 1. When I participated in ACE Quiz (Didn't win the round) but it is my favourite and thanks to @Sajit Nair  for such innovative idea 2. Recently Started new ACE chapter for Surat (https://ace.atlassian.com/surat/) and 3. I attended High Velocity Event in Pune where I met @Sanket Parlikar {Revyz} , @Fun Man Andy , @Piyush A (STR) and other community leaders.

Like # people like this
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2023

Wow, I've read every single response to this post so far, and there have been a multitude of amazing community moments that remind me of how the people here possess creativity, intelligence, kindness, helping hearts, and all the things that combined make this world a better place! 

My favorite moments were helping to host an ACE in my city back in April with @Denis Boisvert and @Fun Man Andy - what fun to see everyone in person again finally as the first in-person ACE since COVID. That's a milestone! And it was the week before Team 2023, which is always a favorite moment, especially the Community Leaders day and dinner ❤️... These events wouldn't be the same without @Stephanie Grice and @Darline and others pulling out all the stops to make it successful and memorable (keep those metrics in the presentations as they remind us of our impact and growth)!

One moment that I don't think anyone has mentioned yet is the bringing together of Community and University in 2023- I love this one and am thrilled to see the evolution of a tighter collaboration.

And can't forget @Monique vdB 's online community environmental initiatives that are so inspiring and motivating. I'm hoping they will continue on through 2024 and beyond!

Like # people like this
Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2023

Hey @Monique vdB , thanks for this topic and the opportunity to reflect.

This year has been a busy one for me! I achieved the Atlassian Certified Expert, after getting my first certification 2 years ago. I also achieved the ITIL 4 Foundation and Specializations. I hit the books pretty hard and dedicated a lot of time to studying!

I am also proud of the contribution I have made here, having earned 81 accepted solutions, posting lots of answers and also having some fun in the off-topic discussions. I appreciate all of your contributions and the time you dedicate to this community and look forward to doing more of the same in 2024!

Like # people like this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 15, 2023

Well, probably an appropriate highlight of 2023 as it's Friday, would be the Friday Fun posts.  Who ever thought we'd be talking about first cars, books, movies, video games, etc... on this community page!

Like # people like this
Brendan Byers
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2023

Many great community moments this past year but the High Velocity ITSM Vancouver event is the stand out. Great turn out, wonderful presenters ( @Jeremy Cooley @Cathi Davey & @Karen Fishwick ) and an awesome opportunity to meet some great Atlassians like @Tiffany Scolnic and @Kirill Skuibida. Looking forward to many more exciting events next year. 

Like # people like this
Luka Hummel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 15, 2023

I began immersing myself in the community in 2023, a journey that has been incredibly rewarding. A standout moment was certainly attending Team '23 in Las Vegas, where I had the opportunity to engage with some community members and explore the whole ecosystem firsthand.

Moreover, each time one of my answers is accepted, it's still a significant highlight for me. The confirmation that I've been able to assist someone is still a great feeling.

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2023

Another love is Kudos! I love Kudos! Giving them and getting them are equally important! 

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2023

And then there's the free swag.
Thanks for that :)
It's nice getting presents for just being yourself.

Like # people like this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2023

Getting 100000 kudos this year would be a personal highlight for me this year.  Not sure if that'll happen in 2024 again, but it's worth trying!

Like # people like this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2023

I would think a Top 10 community moment would be reading about @Kristjan Mathiesen and his car chase in the Throwback Thursday thread.  Little surprises come to this community, even at the end of the year!  

Like # people like this
Johanna Pichotka_APTIS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 19, 2023

This is the first year I was really active on the Atlassian Community. And I love this space so here are my Community highlights: 

My first highlight was attending two of my first Atlassian Community events. The first one was a smaller one in Cologne I attended with some of my former colleagues. It was really nice meeting a lot of people in person for the first time. The second time was Enterprise Damn in October which was an absolute blast. I connected with so many new people and had the most amazing conversation at the afterparty. The Atlassian Community is absolutely amazing. 🩵​

Second highlight was the founding of the Marketing Professionals group. I love talking to other marketers around the ecosystem. 😍​

Like # people like this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 20, 2023

Don't we have to add 'Kudos' as a favorite moment?  Gifting Kudos is always fun!

Like # people like this
Kristján Mathiesen December 20, 2023

One for the team! Great initiative.

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2023

I love reading all the different stories people post in the #TBT posts.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events